- Dates of the program: May 29th, August 3rd, 2018
- Open to juniors and seniors with a GPA ~3.0 plus (flexible if a faculty highly recommends a student with a lot of potential)
- Students receive $5,000 stipend and $300 travel reimbursement.
- Students are provided with program housing during their stay.
- Students will also be enrolled in a one hour research course and as current TAMU students will have access to all campus facilities and labs that are available to students.
- Complete application at http://tx.ag/usrg
- Personal statement reflecting the student’s research interests, future career path, and how this experience will enhance it
- Two recommendation letters – submitted online as part of the application
- Unofficial transcripts – submitted online as part of the application
- Application deadline: February 21, 2018
REVIEW AND SELECTION:
- All completed applications will be reviewed by the departmental selection committees.
- Selected participants will be matched with a faculty mentor sharing similar research interests.
- Students will be notified via email of their selection no later than March 14, 2018.