All new students must attend a New Student Orientation.
Have some questions? Important Contacts
Are you lost? Use the interactive map to help you find you destination.
Interested in taking a tour?
Current Students: Important Things To Know About Advising
Every student must be advised before the start of each semester. An advising hold will be placed on your registration account until you meet with your adviser. Contact your department administrative office to find out who your adviser is.
- Plan your classes for the following semester according to your Student Academic Degree Requirements Online Audit
- Use your departmental degree flow chart to help you plan your classes. Visit your department web page to find your degree flow chart.
- Have an adviser in your department verify your classes for registration
- Take your signed registration card to your department office to have your advising hold removed
- Register online at your my.nmsu.edu during your designated registration time
- If you have a prerequisite error, have your adviser sign an add/drop form and take form to the Associate Dean’s Office (Goddard Hall Room 102).