The second Water Innovations and Networking Workshop will be held at the Brackish Groundwater National Desalination Research Facility Oct. 28-29 in Alamogordo. NMSU faculty members Pei Xu, civil engineering professor, and Manoj Shukla, plant and environmental sciences professor, are slated to present.
The WIN Workshop is a win for:
• BGNDRF clients by giving them an opportunity to share their work with an audience.
• The audience by providing an educational workshop with opportunities to network and give three-minute pitches.
• BGNDRF by highlighting the facility as the “go to” place for desalination pilot testing.
Here are five reasons you should attend this year’s workshop:
1. You will learn about the various kinds of testing that can be performed at BGNDRF, including R&D, proof of concept, third-party validation, Reclamation verification and demonstration testing. Tours will be conducted of the 43-acre BGNDRF complex; you will see the tools and equipment available to clients including a mobile solar array, a solar concentrator, a greenhouse, portable HDPE storage tanks, etc.
2. You will hear a broad range of presentations by clients and former clients of the facility. Contact Randy Shaw, BGNDRF manager, at email@example.com for a copy of the agenda.
3. You will hear about funding opportunities and prize events offered by the Bureau of Reclamation and Department of Energy.
4. You will learn about potential research opportunities concerning PFAS in BGNDRF groundwater and produced water treatment for reuse.
5. It’s a free workshop, plus you will receive a free warm lunch and break snacks compliments of our sponsors, including EnLITE, NMSU.