The College of Engineering was awarded $688,874.17 in funding for the period of Jan. 15-31, 2017 for the following projects. Proposals for funding of $3.4 million were submitted for the same period.
- Civil Engineering: Peter Martin, PI; NM Department of Transportation, “New Mexico Statewide Travel Demand Model Evaluation”
- Carlsbad Environmental Monitoring and Research Center: Russell Hardy, PI; Nuclear Waste Partnership, “Volatile Organic Compound and Hydrogen/Methane Analyses 2017”
- Chemical and Materials Engineering: David Rockstraw, PI; Los Alamos National Laboratory, “Development of Optical Diagnostics Using 3D Printed Mechanoluminiescent”
- Civil Engineering, Pei Xu, PI; Nirmala Khandan , co-PI; U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, “Pilot-scale Testing of Monovalent Permselective Ion Exchange Membranes for Reuse Enhancement”
- Carlsbad Environmental Monitoring and Research Center: Russell Hardy, PI; Waste Control Specialists, LLC, “In-Vivo Radiobioassay Services”
- Industrial Engineering: Delia Valles-Rosales, PI; Hansuk Sohn, co-PI; Foudazi Reza, co-PI; U.S. Department of Agriculture, “ Wheels of Change: A Consortium to Develop Champions in Agriculture in the Areas of Sustainable Energy and Natural Resource Management”
- Industrial Engineering: Alla Kammerdiner, PI; National Science Foundation, “BRIGE: Advancing Science Participation Through Innovation, Research”