Los Alamos National Laboratory business development executive to speak
The Verge Fund Lecture Series in Innovation, Ventures and Entrepreneurship will present a lecture by David Seigel, NMSU alumnus and business development executive, Technology Transfer Division of Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). His lecture is entitled, “How young entrepreneurs can leverage Los Alamos National Laboratory.” It will be held Friday, April 9 at 3:30 pm in Thomas and Brown Hall Room 104. The lecture is free and open to the public.
Seigel earned a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering in 2004 and an MBA in 2006 both from NMSU. During his college career at New Mexico State University, he was active in the Collegiate Entrepreneur’s Organization (CEO) promoting activities that brought together engineering and business students with entrepreneurial minds and ideas.
In real time, Seigel develops R&D partnerships between LANL and industry, by licensing out the laboratory’s intellectual property, and forming cooperative R&D agreements with industry partners, to jointly mature the technologies and capabilities. Industry partners range from start-up companies to Fortune 100 companies. Seigel’s technology portfolios include:
- Cyber security,
- Image analysis,
- Hyper-spectral imaging,
- Low-light imaging, and
- Infrastructure modeling, simulation and analysis.
For more information, contact Lejla Porobic at 575-646-7505 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
And Don’t Miss These Stories
- Former NMSU civil engineering professor Narendra Gunaji passes away
- NMSU’s ASCE chapter to host regional conference, competition April 8-10
- NMSU honors top, ‘millionaire’ researchers
- Library and Engineering represented at commissioning of USS New Mexico
- New report shows that WIPP waste isn’t on the radar
- NMSU conducts advanced water treatment research with Bureau of Reclamation
- NMSU regents elect officers
- Engineering technology students harvest the sun’s heat for energy and education
- Research, Controls and Dynamics Research Group wins zero-G time on private aerospace craft
- Alumni News
- Hill named to GECU Advisory Board
- Glen Rose Petroleum closes $4.35 million funding,hires Ruben Alba as COO
- Industry veteran named new CDEC general manager
- In Memoriam: David James Silva
- Navy employee named Engineer of the Year
- Gulfstream Appoints Pete Buresh International Sales Director for Africa