Vista Photonics, a New Mexico corporation located in Las Cruces, is transitioning from the development of optical trace gas sensor prototypes as an R&D company to becoming a NASA prime contractor for space-rated flight critical hardware on the International Space Station, Orion spacecraft, and next generation space suits. We are seeking a self-motivated Electrical Engineer capable of rapid product development with minimal supervision of daily activities. The successful candidate will be able to take system requirements and progress through design, layout, manufacture, testing and verification of electronics to meet those requirements. Applicants will also participate in system integration and should expect to interconnect cabling/wire harnesses and create interface control documentation. Experience and familiarity with radiation tolerant electronics development are desired. Come join us during this exciting time as we ramp up to be a part of present and emerging developments in the human exploration of space.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- S. Electrical Engineering or similar field with work experience
- 1 year experience with OrCAD Capture and PCB Editor
- Demonstrated ability with both analog and digital circuit design
- 2+ years’ experience in circuit design and layout
- Experience in Aerospace/HiREL design
- IPC-A-610 CIS / J-STD-001es Certifications
- Experience in embedded design/software development
- Experience with optical sensing systems
- Experience with VHDL, C, Assembly, LabView
- Demonstrated capability to perform assignments on time
- Willing to work hands-on in a lab environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work in a diverse team environment and collaborate with others to solve problems.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced/schedule driven environment with an ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you are the right person for this opportunity.
Vista Photonics, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.